Easy Low-Carb Crispy Whitefish Fillets
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (ex: Diamond Crystal)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or cilantro (optional)
- 4-6 whitefish fillets (or substitute with pickerel fillets or pickerel cheeks)
- 1 cup almond flour
- coconut oil, avocado oil or preferred oil for pan frying
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg with spices.
2. Dip fillets into egg mixture and coat both sides with almond flour.
3. Pan fry for about 3-4 min and flip over only once to fry other side for about 3-4 min or until golden brown and cooked through so fish is white and flaky.
Whitefish is an excellent source of fatty fish oils. Pickerel and whitefish are great sources of important nutrients and protein. A flour of your choice can replace the almond flour in this recipe. Try removing the pin bone as an additional step. Pickerel cheeks offer a boneless experience.